First units complete

After 5 weeks I have finally completed and based my first 2 French Napoleonic infantry from Blue Moon manufacturing.

IMG_0028.JPG

I went for 4 bases each 40mm x 30mm. This gives 32 figures and I think the mass effect looks quite pleasing. The basing will work well with Blackpowder, Lasalle, Fields of glory and probably Piquet as well. I planned on playing Blackpowder with half distances but the unit width may push that a bit.

Future units I may only do fusiliers, with separate voltigeurs and then combined grenadiers. We will see.

IMG_0027.JPG

The basing is done as follows :

A) Glue the figures with Bostick, then coat the bases with PVA then dip in sand.

B) cover the sand in watered down PVA. This seals the sand and stops it chipping off.

C) Painted burnt sienna, the. Dry brush heavily with a lighter brown and then dry brush again with a grey, medium or light will do.

D) Put some PVA in patches around the bases then add some static grass.

E) Then using tweezers, glue some tufts and some stones just to give a little added effect. In my pictures you can still see some of the PVA drying.

So what’s next ?

Firstly some army painter tests, I want to see if I can speed up the basic line infantry and still achieve acceptable results. I will do that this week.

I have orders some Xan miniatures line and some AB dragons. I will probably paint up the Xan next as its always good to get though the line infantry first. Then progress onto 1 line then 1 other unit or model.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s